A Home Of Your Own
Buying Your Home
Contract To Closing
Have a Real Estate Question? Ask Ted!
Questions To Ask When Buying A House & Buying Advice
Buying a home is a significant and exciting milestone in anyone’s life. The contents of this section will provide advice from a real estate professional to help you find the home that best fits your needs.
The Internet has changed how we search for homes. In the past, real estate professionals held all the information about what homes were for sale, list prices, and specifics about the house such as square footage, beds, baths, etc. Now all of this information is publicly available and potential home buyers are empowered to search for homes online without ever leaving their couch.
And yet real estate professionals are as critical as ever to the home buying process. After all, consumers don’t buy a home every day or even every year; thus the process of purchasing can be quite daunting. Even those who’ve been through it before still almost universally utilize a Realtor to help guide them through the complex and sometimes confusing process. Having an advocate who knows the potential pitfalls to avoid, understands the market, and knows what to look for in advance is critical to your overall home buying experience and can save you literally thousands of dollars.
To ensure you make the right choice for the long term, Ted Weaver is ready to make a full-time commitment to help you capitalize on current market opportunities and assist in making an informed decision. He offers extensive knowledge in:
- Market values by area and sub-group (i.e., new construction, condos, townhomes, foreclosures, etc)
- Neighborhoods, schools and current market conditions
- Mortgage specialists who can assist with your financing
- What to look for when touring homes – potential issues, current trends, and hidden benefits that may not otherwise be obvious.
- Negotiating the best deal to fit individual buyer needs. There are clear strategies that can and should be used depending on your specific needs.
- Monitoring the real estate transaction from contract to closing — appraisals, title opinions, inspections, etc — are all risk areas if not properly managed.
Would you like to receive more information on the home buying process? Contact Iowa Remax Realtor Ted Weaver and Schedule A Consultation.
Finding the right real estate agent is a key step in the home buying process. Purchasing a home is typically the largest investment any of us make; don’t minimize it by selecting someone who is merely a “friend of a friend” or a just a part-time agent. Feel free to interview multiple agents and ensure you’re hiring a full-time professional who has the experience and expertise to best advise you on such a critical life decision.